We have a Public Sector client based in Salisbury looking for 2 Interim Project Managers on a contract that will start in March 2018 and end in February 2020. This role is INSIDE IR35 with a maximum day rate of £395 on offer.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- Designing, planning, and implementing high complexity projects which delivers the desired outputs, set out in the Project Mandate.
- Defining the project’s governance framework including monitoring and control regime, stakeholder engagement, risk and issue management, quality and assurance, information management, resource management, procurement plan.
- Identifying, managing and mitigating the project risks (Technical, Financial, Commercial, Health and Safety, Environmental, Security).
- Ensuring the appropriate capabilities (people, relationships, infrastructure, knowledge, licences to practice) are employed in the execution of the project.
- Tasking and management of external contracts, liaising with the Division Procurement Rep, Commercial, Intellectual Property and others as appropriate Implementing DSTL’s policies and processes and ensuring compliance with the Management System.
- Establishing, maintaining and controlling project documentation and management information.
- Leading change management within permitted project tolerances; adapting plans to meet changing customer, capability and business requirements and priorities.
- Defining tasks and success criteria and providing individuals with performance feedback.
- Enabling development of staff through project activities.
- Creating a positive working environment that aligns with DSTL Principles, supports diversity and enables staff working on their project to excel.
- Championing the development of Project Management.
Essential Experience Required:
- Project Management e.g. APMP, PRINCE2.
- Awareness of the capability and S&T disciplines required to deliver the requirements.
- Budgeting and resource allocation.
- Commercial awareness
Desired Experience Required:
- Understanding of the Defence and Security context.
- Understanding of DSTL’s business model.
- Understanding of the relevant Account environments.
- Understanding of the relevant programme and desired outcomes.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of projects
- Demonstration of leadership skills Background in working in defence
- Must be able to work part as a team