We have a Public Sector client based in Central London looking for 9 Interim Project Managers on a contract that will run for 6 months. These roles are INSIDE IR35 with a maximum day rate of £522 on offer.
Job Purpose / Key Tasks:
Working within the National Counter Terrorism Policing Headquarters (NCTPHQ), the Project Manager will be responsible for providing support to the Senior Project Manager and Programme Manager for the successful delivery of specific projects and work packages within the national and/or London Counter Terrorism, Domestic Extremism and Protective Security (CT/DE & PS) change portfolio. The Project Manager will be directly accountable to and line managed by a Senior Project Manager, and work flexibly across the change portfolio, deployed on specific change project(s) as requested.
The post holder may work on business change project delivery across the national CT/DE/PS policing network.
There are currently 9 Project Manager vacancies across the Change Pillar and projects.
When deployed on national or London CT & PS change project(s), the Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of specific programme or project management products; project plans; risk and issue registers - tracking and monitoring updates; managing escalations and effective change control.
The Project Manager may also be responsible for managing the end-to-end delivery of specific project work packages as directed by the Senior Project Manager and/or Programme Manager.
The Project Manager will be able to seek professional guidance from specialists either in a dedicated Programme Management Office (PMO) or the Portfolio Management Office (PfMO), and will ensure implementation of programme / project management processes and standards, as defined by the Portfolio Office Centre of Excellence.
Key Skills Required:
- Ability to analyse and use programme and project management information to support effective decision making.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring that reporting and change control products are accurate and contain the necessary information to support effective decision making.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and tactfully with people at all levels.
- Good facilitation skills, with the ability to elicit information and agreement from audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, across all levels including stakeholder engagement skills.
- Highly organised and able to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Self-starter, confident and capable of working both independently and collaboratively to tight deadlines with plenty of initiative.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft Products.
Essential Experience Required:
- Experience of working within a project and programme management environment.
- Knowledge of or direct experience in applying programme and project management approaches such as MSP and PRINCE2.
- Some projects may require experience in a technical/ICT environment.
Desirable Experience Required:
- Experience of establishing and implementing reporting and change control mechanisms in a project and/or programme or business environment.
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing is desirable.
- PRINCE2: Foundation (or recognised industry equivalent qualification).