We have a Public Sector client based in Central London looking for 6 Interim Senior Project Managers on a contract that will run for 6 months. These roles are INSIDE IR35 with a maximum day rate of £633 on offer.
Job Summary / Key Tasks:
Working within National Counter Terrorism Policing Headquarters (NCTPHQ), the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of specific project(s) within the national and/or London Counter Terrorism, Domestic Extremism and Protective Security (CT/DE & PS) change portfolio. The Senior Project Manager will be directly accountable to and line managed by a NCTPHQ Programme Manager, and work flexibly across the change portfolio, deployed on specific change project(s) as requested by their Programme Manager. The post holder may therefore work on multiple change projects at any time depending on the scale of change.
The post holder may work on business change project delivery across the national CT/DE/PS policing network.
There are currently 6 Senior Project Manager vacancies across the Change Pillar and projects.
When deployed on national or London CT & PS change project(s), the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for delivering the project through the NCPTHQ defined project lifecycle, depending upon the complexity of the project. They will need to be able to work with and task various project roles across the project team to deliver the expected outputs within the defined time/quality/cost parameters. The role will be supported by a dedicated Programme Management Office, to draw additional PPM skills as required in reporting, risks and issues and planning.
The Senior Project Manager will work closely with their Project Executives, and will directly line manage a Project Manager. In time of high demand, the Senior Project Manager may work with external contractors to support work demands.
The Senior Project Manager will take a proactive role in recognising where intervention is required to enable successful delivery of their change project(s). They will provide expertise in the delivery of project management methodology and work with relevant operational stakeholders to ensure joined up and effective delivery. The post holder will identify key issues and work in partnership to resolve them.
The Senior Project Manager will ensure implementation of project management processes and standards within their area, as defined by the Portfolio Office Centre of Excellence.
Key Skills Required:
- Ability to produce high-quality project documentation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written including stakeholder engagement skills.
- Able to successfully negotiate to influence and persuade senior stakeholders.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Self-starter, confident and capable of working both independently and collaboratively to tight deadlines with plenty of initiative.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills required to troubleshoot projects and delivered within agreed limits.
- Highly organised and able to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft Products, including project management software (e.g. Microsoft Project).
- Capable of working within a mixed environment of internal (police, contractors) and external (consultants) teams and comfortable at managing intra-project relationships.
Essential Experience Required:
- Experience of working within a project and programme management environment.
- Knowledge of, or direct experience in, applying programme and project management approaches such as MSP and PRINCE2.
- Experience in managing complex projects, within a dynamic environment, & use of formal system(s).
- Experience and knowledge of applying project planning and risk & issue management.
- Experience in business case development and assessment, planning and the application of good practice processes.
- Knowledge of change management.
- Knowledge of financial planning & benefits realisation.
- Some projects may require experience in a technical/ICT environment. Please indicate if this applicable.
- PRINCE2: Practitioner (or recognised industry equivalent qualification).
Desirable Experience Required:
- Management of 3rd party suppliers in the delivery of a project.
- Working in collaboration with partner organisations.
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing is desirable.
- Managing Successful Programmes: Foundation (or recognised industry equivalent qualification).